Please provide any concerns, i.e. level of play.
By indicating your acceptance, you understand, agree, warrant and covenant as follows:
LITTLE LEAGUE PLAYER REGISTRATION & MEDICAL RELEASE WAIVER
1. I/We, the parents/guardians of the above-named candidate for a position on a Little League team, hereby give my/our approval to participate in any and all Little League activities, including transportation to and from the activities.
2. I/We know that participation in baseball may result in serious injuries and protective equipment does not prevent all injuries to players, and do hereby waive, release, absolve, indemnify, and agree to hold harmless the local Little League, Little League Baseball, Incorporated, the organizers, sponsors, supervisors, participants, and persons transporting my/our child(ren) to and from activities for any injury to my/our child(ren) whether the result of negligence or for any other cause.
3. I/We agree to return upon the end of the season, all equipment issued to my/our child(ren) in as good conditions as when received except normal wear and tear. All equipment must be returned prior to the following season or child(ren) will not be able to participate. This includes All-Stars.
4. I/We agree that our child(ren) (candidate) may be chosen at any time to play on a Major Division team if he or she is of the correct age for such division as determined by the local league and Little League Baseball. Declining to move up to such Major Division team will result in forfeiture of eligibility for the Major Division for the current season, and may be subject to further restrictions by the local league.
5. I/We will furnish a copy of certified birth certificate(s) of the above named candidate(s) (new players only) and three forms of proof of residency (per family) to league officials prior to opening ceremonies, or my child(ren) will not be permitted to play until such time as those items are received.
6. I/We understand that any returned checks due to insufficient funds will be charged an additional $50 returned check fee.
7. I/We understand that volunteering in the concession stand is a necessary duty. I agree to work in the concession stand two(2) shifts, per registered child, during the season.
8. As the parent or legal guardian of my Little League player(s) I give my permission to allow filming of my child(ren) during any Newville Little League activity for the 2021 Little League season. These pictures may be displayed by local newspapers, TV media, Little League publications or on our website and other websites authorized by Newville Little League in accordance with Little League policies and regulations.
By completion of this online registration, I/We agree to the above terms and conditions, and will be held accountable accordingly.
Little League does not limit participation in its activities on the basis of disability, race, color, creed, national origin, gender, or religious preference.
REGISTRATION AGREEMENT AND LIABILITY WAIVER (the “Agreement and Waiver”)
1. Authority to Register and/or to Act as Agent. You represent and warrant to Newville Little League that you have full legal authority to complete this registration on behalf of yourself and/or any party you are registering (the “Registered Parties”), including full authority to make use of the credit or debit card to which registration fees will be charged.
If you are registering a child under the age of 18 or an incapacitated adult you represent and warrant that you are the parent or legal guardian of that party and have the legal authority to enter into this agreement on their behalf and by proceeding with this event registration, you agree that the terms of this Agreement and Waiver shall apply equally to all Registered Parties. By registering a child under 13, you agree and consent to the collection of that child’s information which you provide for the purposes of registration.
2. Waiver. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT PARTICIPATION IN NEWVILLE LITTLE LEAGUE IS POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS, AND THAT A REGISTERED PARTY SHOULD NOT PARTICIPATE UNLESS THEY ARE MEDICALLY ABLE AND PROPERLY TRAINED. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT EVENTS MAY BE HELD OVER PUBLIC ROADS AND FACILITES OPEN TO THE PUBLIC DURING THE EVENT AND UPON WHICH HAZARDS ARE TO BE EXPECTED. PARTICIPATION CARRIES WITH IT CERTAIN INHERENT RISKS THAT CANNOT BE ELIMINATED COMPLETELY RANGING FROM MINOR INJURIES TO CATASTROPHIC INJURIES INCLUDING DEATH. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN CONSIDERATION OF BEING PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT, YOU AND ANY REGISTERED PARTY, THE HEIRS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES OR ASSIGNS OF YOU OR THE REGISTERED PARTY DO HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND CONVENANT NOT TO SUE NEWVILLE LITTLE LEAGUE FOR ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT BY YOU OR ANY REGISTERED PARTY.
3. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. NEWVILLE LITTLE LEAGUE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM (A) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE NEWVILLE LITTLE LEAGUE OR (B) FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES OR (C) RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH NEWVILLE LITTLE LEAGUE OR (D) RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE, EVEN IF NEWVILLE LITTLE LEAGUE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF NEWVILLE LITTLE LEAGUE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEWVILLE LITTLE LEAGUE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. NEWVILLE LITTLE LEAGUE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Newville Little League makes no warranty that the Stripe or PayPal sites’ services will be uninterrupted, secure or error free.
4. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold each of Newville Little League harmless from and against any and all damages, costs, claims or demands, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising from or relating to your use of Stripe or PayPal or the violation of any term of this Agreement and Waiver
5. Severability. You further expressly agree that this Agreement and Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and that if any provision of this Agreement and Waiver shall be found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and Waiver and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
BY INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEEMENT AND WAIVER, YOU ARE AFFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND WAIVER AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE SIGNING THE AGREEMENT AND WAIVER FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY, AND INTEND BY YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.